Who are Sunderland Women’s Centre?
Sunderland Women’s Centre (SWC) provide services to women in three areas of activities; Education, Health and Leisure in the form of short/part-time courses. The majority of courses offered are of ten or eleven weeks duration. They also offer accredited courses in partnership with Sunderland College.
Their centre is based in Sunderland City Centre and it has a very informal, positive and friendly atmosphere, encouraging everyone from the local community to return to learn in the heart of the City.
What courses are they offering in 2019?
They offer courses everyday from Monday to Thursday. Most courses run for 10 weeks and several are free with the rest costing £2 or £3 per session. Courses include:
- Be confident, stay confident – Being more assertive and increasing self-esteem
- Basic Literacy Skills – Improve your literacy skills, grammar, spelling etc.
- Creative Writing – come and play with words, images and ideas. Create something beautiful.
- Caring for Children and Young People – Level 1 and level 2 courses are available for those wanting a career in childcare.
- And many more.
If you are interested in these courses which are ran directly by SWC you can enrol between the 7th and 10th January 2019 between 10am and 3pm and courses commence week commencing 14th January 2019. Please note that there is a £3 enrolment fee per course which is non-refundable and you must attend one of the enrolment sessions to book your place.
Accredited courses with Sunderland College
Sunderland Women’s Centre also offer courses in partnership with Sunderland College. Courses include:
- A free, 11 week Maths and English course that will gain you a functional skills qualification.
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) – 17 week courses which learners can study from entry level 1 to level 2 and courses could be free depending on your circumstances.
Courses ran by Sunderland College will start week commencing 25th February 2019 however enrolment is still between the 7th and 10th January 2019 between 10am and 3pm at the same time as the rest of the SWC courses.
Creche Facilities too if you need chilcare while you’re at a course
Sunderland Women’s Centre’s Crèche is committed to providing a safe, educational, stimulating and secure environment for all children. Crèche leaders are fully qualified and the facility is inspected by OFSTED. Crèche places are available not only to mothers but to all carers of children under the age of 5yrs. Please note that there is a £2 per child per session cost for using the creche and you must book your childcare at enrolment.
Need more information?
Click here to download the full leaflet of courses which Sunderland Women’s Centre are running, including those ran in partnership with Sunderland College. If you would like more information on anything in the leaflet please contact Sunderland Women’s Centre on: 0191 567 7495 or email them on: firstname.lastname@example.org.