While each person will be affected by depression in their own individual way, many depressed people experience some of the same symptoms which can include, among others:
- Losing interest in life
- Finding it harder to make decisions
- Not coping with things that used to be manageable
- Feeling restless and agitated
- Loss of appetite and weight
- Difficulties getting to sleep or sleeping too much
If you are experiencing some of these symptoms for two weeks or more and to such an extent that you feel very distressed or unable to cope, it is important to get help. The earlier depression is diagnosed, the more quickly it can be treated.
If you feel unsafe, want to harm yourself or are feeling suicidal, seek professional help immediately – click here!