Reasons2 – A Mental Health App
Reasons2 is an app Washington Mind Young People’s Project has developed in partnership with young people from Sunderland. The app aims to help people to improve their own mental health by using the app as a resource to store their ‘Reasons2; smile, feel better, be happy, live, etc.’
Why was the app created?
The app fist came about after some young people were distressed by the Netflix show ’13 Reasons Why’ and they wanted to create a positive message on the back of the show to share with other young people. This is when Reasons2 was first created, to be a positive message on the back of the show but is has now become something all on it’s own.
The app was created to be a safe place where people can log their ‘Reasons’ so that when they are feeling low they can pop back to the app and remind themselves of what their ‘Reasons’ are. Even though the app has been developed in partnership with young people who live in Sunderland, people do not have to be any specific age range or live in a specific area to use the app. The app also links directly to wellbeinginfo.org so that people can find more information on how to help themselves and where they can get support in their local area.
What can you do on Reasons2?
The app allows people to:
- Manage their mental wellness by building their own profile of Reasons2 feel better.
- Upload pictures and images that give them the feel good factor and makes them smile.
- Find other ways to improve their mental wellness by clicking on links to other websites and information.
- Share their Reasons with other users and see what makes them smile too.
- Keep their favourite Reasons so they can see them easier and without having to scroll through old information.
How can I download Reasons2?
Simply click on the relevant button below!