What is the Get into Retail Programme and who is it available to?
The Princes Trust are pleased to announce that the next Get into Retail with Marks and Spencer programme will be starting on Monday 17th July 2017. The programme is available to unemployed young people aged 16 – 25 with a desire to work in the Retail sector and aims to help young people to gain the skills necessary to work in retail.
Why should young people get involved?
During the 4 week training and work experience programme, young people will have the opportunity to meet new people and learn new skills as well as gaining work experience. They’ll also help you with your CV. Not only will the course help to boost your confidence and employability, but you’ll also have the chance to benefit from the support of one of The Princes Trust mentors to help you uncover your next steps for up to 6 months. As well as this, the programme includes:
- Gain in-depth training and practical skills in the retail industry by completing work experience within a Marks and Spencer store
- Learn about stock rotation and control, good customer service and selling skills
- Improve your team work and communication skills
- Boost your confidence, interview skills and CV
- All of this is completely free with lunch and travel expenses provide
- Doesn’t affect your benefits
When and Where?
- Taster Day: Tuesday 11th July 2017
- Programme Dates: Monday 17th July – Friday 11th August 2017
- Venue: Various M&S stores: Newcastle, Metrocentre, Silverlink, Kenton Bar, Durham, Hexham, Washington, Sunderland and Byker.
How to join?
To join the course, click here, or find out more: Search ‘Prince’s Trust’. You can also text ‘Call me’ to 07983 385 418 or Call for free on 0800 842 842. If you are applying for someone else, click here to complete a different form.