Welcome to Wellbeing info Directory
Looking to improve your own health and wellbeing, or wanting to help a friend, colleague or a family member? But don’t know where to start ….. Then this is the site for you
Need a resource to help you help the people you work with… We can help with that too.
- We can help you to find local support services in the Sunderland and South Tyneside areas
- We can give you information about specific health issues and how to look after yourself
- We have links to other useful websites and national helplines
- We can help you get out and about have a look at Things to do
And much more! Have a look and do tell us what you think.
We appreciate your feedback about the site and you can send any comments or suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Washington Mind on 0191 417 8043.
To add your service, training or volunteering opportunities to the site click here!
What is wellbeing??
Wellbeing has been defined as: “A dynamic state, in which the individual is able to develop their potential, work productively and creatively, build strong and positive relationships with others, and contribute to their community. It is enhanced when an individual is able to fulfil their personal and social goals and achieve a sense of purpose in society.”
Highlight of the Month
Dry January is the annual movement through which millions of people give up alcohol for the month of January.
Doing Dry January:
- Enables you to take control of your relationship with alcohol.
- Drives a conversation about alcohol: why do we drink it, what does it do, and how can we reduce the harm it can cause?
Click here for more information.
The Wellbeing Info
of the month
Change4Life South Tyneside and Live Life Well
This month is Dry January, which is the annual movement through which millions of people give up alcohol for the month of January. Alcohol Concern coordinate the campaign and you can sign up to take part via their website. However if you feel as though as though you need extra support around reducing your alcohol intake then there are local services which can support you. If you live in South Tyneside you can contact Change4Life South Tyneside to find out about getting support in your area, or if you live in Sunderland you can contact Live Life Well.